Free oral health care program for people with limited resources
The Foundation will perform totally free for children and for a symbolic fee of € 10 per adult treatments that consider basic or necessary and that Social Security does not cover, which mainly are:
- General Dentistry: Fillings, root canals, information on oral hygiene and oral prevention.
- Periodontics: curettage and surgery to treat periodontal diseases.
- Orthodontics (will be studied depending on each case).
- Removable prosthesis.
- Diagnostic and radiological tests required for patient treatment.
Our actions in no way intended to replace the Public Health System and the private in the provision of service which we encourage its use.
No treatments or emergencies will be handled solely for aesthetic reasons.
In conditions of equal need, the Foundation primarily cater to the beneficiaries affected by social exclusion and / or economic, to those which the project would be more feasible, in order of requests until a quota is covered based on the needs and required treatments.
In complex cases that need other more extensive treatment, cases will be studied one by one.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE MET BY THE BENEFICIARIES
- They must be registered in any municipality in Galicia, older than one year.
- Not have sufficient financial resources to cope with the treatment.
Belong to any of the following groups:
- People at risk of social exclusion.
- Unemployed /-as long lasting.
- Large families.
- Battered women.
- Orphans /-as.
- Having a mental and / or physical disabilities.
- Having a degenerative disease or syndrome.
- Having a syndrome or disease of low incidence.
The benefits of the Foundation will be awarded by the Board criteria of impartiality and non-discrimination to people, meeting the above conditions, that considered to be worthy of them, and always within the economic possibilities of the Foundation.
Once appointed, it shall make an initial assessment of the patient in order to establish a diagnosis, treatment plan and prioritize.
For similar conditions of equal need, the Foundation primarily cater to the beneficiaries affected by social exclusion and / or economic, to those which the project would be more feasible, in order of requests until a quota is covered based on the needs and required treatments. In addition, the selection is always made in order of application and to cover a quota depending on the needs and the required treatment.
In complex cases where it is necessary to perform other more extensive treatments, each case will be examined individually.
In cases in which an anesthesiologist because of sedation with existing medical problems is needed, the amount has to be paid by the patient. We are currently looking for collaborators anesthetists for no additional costs in this respect.